On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 11:48 PM Saint Michael <vene...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is supported, there is no error, but there is no communication at all with
> the gateway. If you start the same exact network configuration in the
> container with the type=phys, it works fine, ergo, the issue is type=ipvlan.

"exact network configuration" inside the container? I'm pretty sure it
would fail.

If you read what I wrote earlier:
"
set /etc/resolv.conf on the container manually, and disable network
interface setup inside the container.
"

This works in my test (using lxc 3.2.1 from
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-lxc/+archive/ubuntu/daily):
# Network configuration
lxc.net.0.name = eth0
lxc.net.0.type = ipvlan
lxc.net.0.ipvlan.mode = l3s
lxc.net.0.l2proxy = 1
lxc.net.0.link = eth0
lxc.net.0.ipv4.gateway = dev
lxc.net.0.ipv4.address = 10.0.3.222/32
lxc.net.0.flags = up

While inside the container, setup resolv.conf manually, and disable
networking setup (e.g. removing everything under /etc/netplan/ on
ubuntu should work).

Common issue with macvlan/ipvlan of "container not being able to
contact the host" would still apply.

--
Fajar