On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Dan Kegel <d...@kegel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <l...@fajar.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Dan Kegel <d...@kegel.com> wrote:
>>> lxc-start: failed to rename vethMR2TXx->eth0 : File exists
>>
>> What does your config file looks like?
>> It looks like you're telling lxc to label the container's network
>> device in the HOST (lxc.network.veth.pair) as eth0. Which (obviously)
>> won't work, since the host already has an eth0.
>
> I'm not using any specific config file.
> /etc/lxc/lxc.conf contains
>
> lxc.network.type=veth
> lxc.network.link=lxcbr0
> lxc.network.flags=up
>
> and I don't see any reference to eth0 there.
> Aren't the default templates supposed to work with the default config file?

It should. Which is why I thought you edit the config file. Try:
- adding lxc.network.veth.pair=test-e0
- run "ip link show" on the host, and for every interface that starts
with a "veth", do "ip link del" on that interface. That is, assuming
you don't currently have any containers or anything that uses veth
running.
- try the second link, which create the rootfs and config file by hand
instead of using a script.

--
Fajar