Hi,
I want to start a program inside a container under a particular uid and
after setting particular ENV variable, but I dont have the luxury of
busybox & shell start script and I also dont want to exec that program
under a C wrapper program. How do I achieve that ?

simply put, without a hack in start.c is there a way to print a different
uid for 1) and MYENV in 2 ?

1)
# ./lxc-start -n r id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)