2013/10/23 Pavel Kazakov <nullishz...@gentoo.org>

> Hi,
>
> I'm an LXDE user and one of the LXDE maintainers for the Gentoo
> distribution, and I have a question about lxsession. I've noticed the
> lxsession package now bundles lxpolkit and installs to /usr/bin even if
> --disable-buildin-polkit is set. However, would it make sense to avoid
> installing lxpolkit if --disable-buildin-polkit is set? Many polkit
> agents are interchangeable (I've tested polkit-gnome and
> razorqt-policyki against lxsession), and lxpolkit is also available as a
> stand-alone package. I would be more than willing to write a quick patch
> if needed.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work.

lxpolkit will always be build and installed, so you can use lxpolkit binary
as a stand alone polkit agent. The difference when you using the flags is
that lxsession will or will not have the functionnality of lxpolkit
directly build-in. If you pass  --enable-buildin-polkit, lxsession will
have support for polkit-agent, you will not need to run another polkit
agent. If you pass --disable-buildin-polkit, you will need to run a polkit
agent.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne