Hello,
On my distro (openSUSE), somehow the spec file has changed, causing
significant changes from earlier distro releases.

I need to know if there is a recommended sub-system and any other dependencies.

In particular,
On openSUSE, the Gnome base system pattern had been a standard part of
LXDE, but is not now currently. Is it acceptable for LXDE/LXQt to be
deployed on top of another Desktop subsystem like KDE/Plasma? At least
on openSUSE, different subsystems effect "feel" and offer different
applications associated with that base subsystem.

Is there a FAQ or feature list for how LXDM tries to set itself apart
from other Display Managers?

Thank you,
Tony