I don't know if wput can help here, but wput is wget's brother and is for sending data to websites.On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, jeremy bentham wrote:

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 23:44:58
From: jeremy bentham <d...@eskimo.com>
To: lynx-dev@nongnu.org
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Post_data, or,
    how can I automagically send a username/password to a site?

If this is in the documentation I didn't find it.

I have an account at my local library, and for some purposes
using lynx to access it instead of {firefox, ...} (the site makes
_extensive_ use of javascript) would be a lot faster, if I could
automate the account access.  I apparently don't understand
-post_data, because typing

 lynx -post_data <site>
 username or barcode: <username>
  (the name of the username field)
 password: <password>
 ---
 <CR><CR>
  (note the two returns)

is, as far as I can tell, just a fancy way of typing

 lynx -dump <site> .

I have also tried -auth .