Public release of LyX version 2.0.0 (release candidate 1)

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate of LyX 2.0.0.

Since the last beta releases became stable enough for a regular work
we switched to release candidate, freezed new development and focused
on bugfixing to make the final release even more polished.

The file RELEASE-NOTES lists some known issues and problems compared
to the current stable releases (LyX 1.6). We strongly recommend to read
this file for packagers of LyX on various platforms and distributions.

Compared to the last beta versions modifier keys Control and Option are
treated separately on Mac OSX. The distributed key binding now uses the
Control key only for most of the commands.

As with any major release we come with lot of new features but also
bugs -- so while we encourage curious users to test this release, people
who rely on solid and stable application should stay with 1.6 releases.
Please report the problems and bugs at our lists or bug tracker.

Please report the problems and bugs at our lists or bug tracker and
also note that this release is for testing purposes only. Users are
encouraged to use current 1.6 stable release for any serious work.

Tarballs can be found at ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.0/ .
Binaries should follow soon.

LyX 2.0.0 will be culmination of more than two years of hard work
and you can find an overview of the new features here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX20

If you think you found a bug in LyX 2.0.0, either e-mail the LyX
developers' mailing list (lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org), or open a bug
report at http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome

If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the
documentation that comes with LyX and http://wiki.lyx.org.
If you can't find the answer there, e-mail the LyX users' list
(lyx-users at lists.lyx.org).

We hope you will enjoy the result!

The LyX team.
http://www.lyx.org