Public release of LyX version 2.2.0beta2

We are proud to announce the second public beta release of the new LyX 2.2
series.

With this release, LyX celebrates 20 years of existence. The 2.2 series
has a rich set of new features compared to the current stable series.

LyX 2.2.0beta2 is the culmination of almost two years of hard work. An overview
of the new features can be found here:
  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX22

You can download LyX 2.2.0beta2 from ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/.

We hope you will enjoy the result!

The file lib/RELEASE-NOTES lists some known issues and problems compared
to the current stable releases (LyX 2.1.x). We strongly recommend that
packagers of LyX on various platforms and distributions read this file.

As with any major release, this one comes with a lot of new features but
also some bugs. If you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.2.0, either
email the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org),
or open a bug report at http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome.

If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the documentation
that comes with LyX (under Help) and the LyX wiki, which you will find at
http://wiki.lyx.org/. You can also send email to the LyX users'
list (lyx-users at lists.lyx.org).

NOTE 1 (for Autotools users):
"make distcheck" fails on some systems for this beta release. This means that
there will be difficulties to install on platforms that require this check to
pass before installing.

NOTE 2 (for Windows users):
There is a problem with extracting the tar with some Windows extraction
programs. Please extract from the zip, or use GNU tar to extract from the tar.
This note is only relevant if you are a Windows user and you would like to
compile from source.

The LyX team.
http://www.lyx.org