Public release of LyX version 2.2.2
We are proud to announce the release of LyX 2.2.2. This is the second
maintenance release in the 2.2.x series.
You can download LyX 2.2.2 from http://www.lyx.org/Download/.
LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing based
on the structure of your documents and not simply their appearance. It is
released under a Free and Open Source Software license.
LyX 2.2.2 is the result of on-going efforts to make our stable version more
reliable and more stable. We have fixed a number of bugs and made a number
of improvements. Most of these are relatively minor, but we nonetheless
encourage all users of 2.2.1 to upgrade to this version.
Perhaps the most important bug we fixed affected use of covington.sty with
2.2.1. This will only have affected users of the Linguistics module.
One new feature is the use of the "scaling" option when exporting images
for XHTML. This does not work the same way as with LaTeX export. What it
does is add something like "width: 50%" to the style attribute. This will
ordinarily be interpreted by the browser as a percentage relative to the
If you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.2.2, please open a bug report at
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome. If you're not sure whether it
really is a bug, you can e-mail the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel
<at> lists.lyx.org) and ask.
If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the
documentation that comes with LyX and the LyX wiki, which lives at
http://wiki.lyx.org/. If you can't find the answer there, e-mail the LyX
users' list (lyx-users <at> lists.lyx.org).
We hope you enjoy using LyX 2.2.2.
The LyX team.
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- .xlsx is now a suggested extension in the spreadsheet external template.
- Improve systemlyxdir handling.
* USER INTERFACE
- When changing zoom level, show current value in status bar (bug
- Names containing @ are now recognised by the syntax highlighter in the
- Replace Insert>Caption submenu by a normal entry when there is only one
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Updated Brazilian, French, German, Italian and Slovak user interface
- Updated French Customizaion, Math, Tutorial and UserGuide manuals.
- Update beamer manual with regard to the new Separator usage.
- If available, use qtchooser to select correct Qt tools when configuring.
** Bug fixes:
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- We no longer attempt to convert images for which we cannot find an
- Fixed fen2ascii script.
- Fixed preview of external material with plaintext and DocBook.
- Fixed substitution for $$Contents in external templates.
- Fixed usage of new module "Title and Preamble Hacks" (bug 10320).
- Fix error with older versions of the covington package in the
Linguistics module (bug 10340).
- Fix LaTeX error with recent LuaTeX versions when using landscape.
- Fix data loss with [ in first cell of aligned environment (bug 10361).
- Fix hang with some IEEEtran documents (bug 10307).
- Fix export of compressed files to previous versions that were not
recognised on windows (bug 10273).
* USER INTERFACE
- Avoid crashing in release mode if we stumble across an unrealized font.
- Correctly return exit code from spawned processes on Windows (bug 10327).
- Fix display of citations with two authors.
- Fix display of multi-author citations when the GUI language is not
- Fix bug where change tracking marks are lost under math insets (bug
- Fix display glitch when switching to Description layout with an inset
at the beginning of the paragraph (bug 10163)
- Fix display of label font for argument insets.
- Keep leading whitespace when converting local layout.
- Correct default font of beamer article layouts (bug 9977).
- Remove extra whitespace around Preview and IPA insets (bug 10304).
- Let M-x give focus to minibuffer when it is already open.
- When doing a selection with Shift-click, make sure that the selection
- Avoid to overwrite end-of-proof character with text on screen (bug
- Use proper dialog titles in InsetParams-derived dialogs (bug 10329).
- Fix "scroll here" feature of scrollbar (bug 10311).
- Fix the minimum size of the citation dialog on first time (bug 10019).
- When Enter does nothing (empty paragraph), do not record undo (bug 10089).
- Remove duplicate context menu item for Argument insets (bug 10368).
- Fix display of vertical lines inside math matrices (bug 10363).
- Enable export of external material (bug 8693).
- Fix problem with output of branches (bug 8022).
- Fix output of table borders (bug 10154).
- Fix display of several math symbols (bug 8844).
- Use scaling factor for export of images (bug 8742).
- Fix display of listings (bug 8362).
- Fix output of floats, etc, inside environments (bug 9094).
- Simplify XHTML output for floats, etc (bug 8605).
- Add "dir='auto'" to body tag, which should help a lot with export of
RTL languages (bug 8279, partly).
- Fix display of cases and matrices (bugs 8753, 8755).
- Fixed output of logos to the TOC.