Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Do anyone compile Lyx on a sun system? SunOS or Solaris? I'd be
> grateful to accept binary distributions for these.
>
>         Lgb

> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:02:51 +0100
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: LyX Feedback
>
> Hello.
> I have been waiting for the precompiled SUN 1.0.0 version
> of LyX for some time...
> when will  it appear in the  /bin/1.0.0 directory at ftp.lyx.org ?
>
> Kind regards, from a LyX user who want to be able to run it on his SUN
> machine...

Yes I do.

Currently I compile LyX on Solaris 2.5.1 using Suns CC (SC4.0 C++ 4.1).

With Solaris there had to be a native package solution too.
The pure binary does not help, the generous person has to
make a package with the runtime-files too, what about
runtime configuration, and so on... I guess it is real work...

What is the situation with libforms.so? Can I distribute it bundled?
I don't want to link it statically. The same with X11, I'm using
my own X11R6.3, have to test with Suns X11.

BTW, I really don't know what SUN 1.0.0 is.

Stephan

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  | beusen unternehmensgruppe senkel
fon: +49 30 549932-62     | Landsberger Allee 392
fax: +49 30 549932-29     | 12681 Berlin, Germany