Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

>   >> Daniel Naber writes:
>
>   DN> Stephan Witt wrote:
>   >> + uncomment the line \font_encoding T1 in your lyxrc + change in
>   >> Layout->Document - Sprache (Language) => german - Kodierung (?)
>   >> => latin1
>   >>
>   >> You shouldn't need to change the preamble for this.
>
>   DN> I see. IMHO, we should add to splash.lyx, how much you can
>   DN> configure using lyxrc. Whenever something doesn't work, just
>   DN> change lyxrc. The font-encoding in lyxrc could perhaps need a
>   DN> sentence with the word "umlaut" in it, so lazy people like can
>   DN> find it with a simple search...
>
> Also if you have the ec fonts (T1) installed, it is used by default by
> lyx. so you should not need to edit the lyxrc at all then.

I read this in the lyxrc too, but I cannot find the code for that.
My experience is that uncommenting \font_encoding yields better results.
If not uncommented, there is no \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} in my
exported latex file, but if I add this line it works and it works
better.

Could you give me some hint about the ec-font test, please?
Maybe, there is a mistake in my configuration. I don't understand
this.

Stephan

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  | beusen unternehmensgruppe senkel
fon: +49 30 549932-62     | Landsberger Allee 392
fax: +49 30 549932-29     | 12681 Berlin, Germany