> Hi,is it possible to create plugins for LyX?

Unfortunately, there is no fixed architechture for this kind of thing, yet.

> I was thinking along the lines of adding a plugin that interfaces
> with the CAS I am currently making (http://www.xs4all.nl/~apinkus/yacas.html)

> and can then be loaded as a plugin in LyX. This will not create a new
> dependency for LyX, just an additional plugin the user can use.
> This could greatly ease the use of my CAS, using your formula editor for
> instance, and using LyX as a notepad for doing calculations. I think it
> is a perfect user interface for a CAS (apart from being a good tool for
> creating documents of course :-)What dou you think of this idea?

You are more than welcome to go ahead and try to get something going!

One approach could be similar to how the Literate Programming support in LyX is
implemented.
Another could be similar to the SGML support we will get soon:  A custom export
filter.

Obviously, you would know how best to do this, so please post your ideas to the
mailing list at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you need help to find the right direction in the source code, just ask.

Greets,

Asger