----- Forwarded message from Serge Winitzki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: Serge Winitzki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> So you're saying you can create dvi in lyx but not from the command line?

No, I can't create dvi anywhere. If I make TeX read the .cls file that
comes with LyX rather than the revtex.cls file that comes with most
Latex distributions, latex breaks with messages such as "Unknown option
`errorshow' for package `tracefnt' " and
"l.173 \DeclareSymbolFont
                        {bold}{OT1}{cmr}{bx}{n}
?
(/opt/tex/lib/texmf/latex2e/base/latexsym.sty)
! Undefined control sequence.
extract@fontinfo ... instead}else default@errfont
                                                  errhelp nofont@help
errmes...
l.259 \selectfont
".

> The problem is probably that lyx automatically puts LYXDIR/tex/ into your
> TEXINPUTS environment variable. (LYXDIR is something like

I made a TEXINPUTS path equal to
.:/usr/local/share/lyx/tex/:/opt/tex/lib/texmf// with the disastrous
results above.

> Course you can change class to style by hand if you would like for when
> you finally want to send to the publisher . Or write a one-line sed/awk/perl
> script to do it.

Of course, that's what I'm doing but I thought I'd let you know.

----- End forwarded message -----