On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 05:07:44PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Amir Karger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | That would break too. The problem is that no \layout Standard was being
> | written before the table. Not to pass the buck, but that seems sort of like
> | a LyX bug to me. I mean, figure floats don't usually require a \layout
> | Standard before them, right?
>
> Actually I think LyX require the \layout. You can try to make a
> minimal document that contains just a tabular and nothing more.
>
> \layout xxx
>
> really is more equiv to
>
> \begin{paragraph}
> \end{paragraph}
>
> And _everything_ has to be in a paragraph.
>
> Or am I wrong?

Sigh. You're right.

In fact, this points out another bug in reLyX. If you have

    hi
    \begin{table}
    \end{table}
    bye

"hi" and "bye" should be in the same paragraph. But reLyX will make them
separate paragraphs, because there are new paragraphs *inside* the table. It
looks like tables basically need to be handled like footnotes (not
surprising since they're both floats!) Unfortunately, I think that changing
tables to be handled exactly like footnotes could cause havoc if someone has
a footnote inside a table! (Of course, you're not really supposed to do
that.)

I'll put it on my todo list (which may never get done).

In the meantime, I added a CheckForNewParagraph call, which will add a
\layout command before a table if it's the beginning of a paragraph, as
necessary.

I've got a few little bugfixes that I ought to check in, but I've been lazy
because I never really checked out lyx-devel. Also, are there ever going to
be 1.0.4 updates?

-Amir