Finally somebody is taking this on!!

Mails have been sent to both the lyx lists as well as the gnome lists for some time
trying to get this project started.

Now is the time to get more widespread use of LaTeX. This can be accomplished with the
excellent tool LyX together with a good GUI such as gnome!! Also I would really prefer
that LyX is to become part of the gnome workshop (together with GWP, GO and AbiWord).

Since LyX is developing towards GUI independence, a k(de)LyX version will follow suit.
(Not to be confused with the present kLyX.)

I'm interested in contributing to this project when time permits and if my knowledge
is sufficient. My language skills are rather good in C but I'm a beginner in C++. Also
programming with gtk+ is new for me as well as Corba.
I have been using TeX and LaTeX for many years especially for scientific publications.

What documentation/books do you recommend to start with?

Since I'm not subscribing from this mail address to the gnome-devel-list my mail will
probably bounce. Please feel free to forward this mail to that list.

BTW: What is the current status with gLyX?

For correspondence me please use my private mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best regards,
Svante Signell