On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:48:06 +0100, Ulrich Guenther wrote:

>setenv LANG de
>The menus remain English!
>However the key bindings default to de_menus
>(what a pain).
>
>Any ideas how to fix this?
>
| Ok I compiled 1.1.2 with the - - with-included-gettext and - -
| with-catgets flags and now I got german menus. Am I supposed to do
| this always? In 1.0.4 it worked
| without it (just checked it against 1.1.2).
|
| Soeren

You should not need the --with-catgets, however
--with-included-gettext is needed if your system does not have a good
engough version of libintl

        Lgb

May be this solves your problem? I don't have time to test it. Are you compiling it on
a SuSE distribution???
If yes I would be interested to hear wich version your running.
Hope this helps.

Soeren