Rex Dieter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Martin Vermeer wrote:
>
> > In order to build the qt4 front-end, you should either define QT4DIR on
> > the command line before configure, or use the --with-qt4-dir switch. I
> > haven't checked John's patch, but I hope it makes this unnecessary.
>
> Doesn't lyx use pkg-config to determine qt4 config'ness?  If it did, it
> should "just work" (on Fedora Core 4+ anyway).

On Debian/testing, installing libqt4-dev (with a bit of concern, as the
dependencies triger quite an interaction with xserver) was enough to make
./configure --with-frontend=qt4 --with-version-suffix=-1.5.0svn
work fine.
This was not the case with qt3, I had to use the dir and libraries switch,
I guess because the library name is libqt3-mt.

However this morning, compilation failed with this:
GuiFontLoader.C:31:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

--
Jean-Pierre