John Levon wrote:
On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:21:13PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

But quite frankly, I don't understand what's so bad about letting the user change the cursor width.

If anywhere, it belongs in a desktop-wide preference, not LyX doing its
own thing.

(And yes, same applies to colours: ideally we would be using native
widgets.)
You have a point.  Ideally, we should use native widgets.  But
only if they are good enough for our use. If not, then rolling
our own makes lyx better. The alternative to our own cursor
then is not to use a bad widget, but to actually fix qt4.

Helge Hafting