José Matos wrote:
Instead of hard-coding this like on Mac OS X right now, the Windows /
Mac installers can set a default in lyxrc.dist and users will always be
able to change it.

There are two separate issues as we have discussed before. I don't have any problem with your proposal above.

OK. I'm only talking about the situation when a user clicks the LyX icon on the desktop or start menu. If LyX is already running, normal behavior for a Windows application is to open a new window in the current process.

What would be the best way to send a message to another LyX process? Does Qt provide a cross-platform way to send/receive window messages?

Joost