[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Author: uwestoehr
> Date: Tue Jan  9 03:29:35 2007
> New Revision: 16622

> Log:
> New Extended-Insets manual
>
> Added:
>     lyx-devel/branches/BRANCH_1_4_X/lib/doc/Extended-Insets.lyx
> Modified:
>     lyx-devel/branches/BRANCH_1_4_X/lib/ui/stdmenus.ui

So your svn access finally works. Great!

Unfortunately this is not only a privilege, but you have some duties, too:

- Never ever commit stuff to 1.4 only, unless that is a fix for a bug not
present in 1.5. We always need to have current documentation in 1.5, too.
Then there is a chance that somebody who modifies a feature will update the
documentation at the same time. Otherwise that will not happen for sure.

- If you add new files, you have to add them to the appropriate Makefile.am
and to scons_manifest. Otherwise they will not show up in the binary
package. You also have to set the svn:eol-style flag if it is not a binary
file, otherwise wwe will get useless diffs because of line ending changes.

- In this particular case, you have to add "Extended-Insets" to tge list at
the top of lib/doc/depend.py

- If you add any new documentation file, you should also run
lib/doc/depend.py to update lib/doc/Makefile.depend. This is not very
important, Jean-Marc keeps forgetting this too, and since this is run
automatically by the autotools if needed I usually notice that and commit
the changes.

- Always ask Jean-Marc for permission to commit to 1.4, even for tiny
fixes.

Georg