It would be a pity to slip on that... Could somebody (Bennett?) generate a patch so that we can test the proposed new banner and icons easily?

Abdel.

Bennett Helm wrote:
On Apr 2, 2007, at 7:19 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:14:56 +0200
From: Lorenzo Paulatto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Newsgroups: gmane.editors.lyx.general
Subject: New lyx icon

Dear lyx users,
during the last years I grew increasingly annoyed by the (in my opinion)
horrible lyx default icon.

Finally, during last rainy sunday afternoon I draw a couple new icons in
SVG (using inkscape), they aren't great, but I think you may be interested.

You can find the pack here
<http://people.sissa.it/~paulatto/lyx_logo.tgz>. It contains two
flavours: hicolor and (a bit like) crystal.

Note that the smaller size PNGs (22x22, 16x16) aren't just a render of
the SVG but have been edited a bit by hand with the Gimp)

Bye
--Lorenzo `paulatz' Paulatto
Trieste

While I'm at it with the banner, here's the LyX icon I've been using for Mac. More subdued than Lorenzo's, and with the same font (and color) "LyX" as the banner I sent earlier.

Bennett