Hi all,
        while preparing the release of 1.5.0 one of the important tasks in my
TODO
list was to find a a release manager to the stable series of 1.5.x releases.
After the discussion that happened here in this list a couple of months ago
(propably November/December last year). The name that came from the
discussion was Jürgen Sptizmüller. Jürgen has been an important contributor
to the last stable series as the svn repository and the email archives can
confirm. :-)

        This week I sent a private message to Jürgen (CC'ed to Jean-Marc)
asking if
he would accepted that role. After an exchange of messages Jürgen accepted
the job. :-)

        The timing for this issue is due to the imminent (and eminent I hope
;-) )
release of the first release of 1.5.0. Some of the decisions that we are (and
sometimes I am) taking now are not only an issue for 1.5.0 but will affect
all the stable series so I think it is only fair for the stable release
manager to have a word to say on the decisions that are made.

        As usual being the release manager does not excuse us from giving a
contribution to make the 1.5.x release the best ever.
--
José Abílio