Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 12:00:58PM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
>
> I tested the patch on linux and I found some quirks. The least important
> is that when exporting to html, the export dir is filled with byproduct
> files such as .dvi, .aux, .log, .idv, and others which have nothing to
> do with the export itself.
These files are generated by htlatex, which is calling pplatex
repeatedly, and they are therefore over-writing files that the previous
latex conversion may have done. So they're actually new files, and the
script should probably be checking not just for files that didn't exist
but for ones newly generated, since (for all we know) they are part of
the conversion.
> The most important is that dvipng cannot find
> graphics files, which are therefore left blank. I think that this is due
> to the fact that they are not in the directory which is the current one
> when htlatex is called.

Yes, that would be the reason, and it is obviously a problem.
> Notice that both problems above are avoided when using the wrapper for
> htlatex that I posted previously. So, my proposal is to convert that
> script in python, place it in the lib/scripts directory and use it as
> the converter on all platforms when htlatex is detected.

I'll think about this further. I'd like to have something more general
than htlatex---something that would work whenever we need a bunch of
files to be generated. So I think something like this should probably be
put into the Converter.cpp code directly.
>> I'll implement this when I get a chance, probably tonight. Should be
>> pretty painless.
>>
> Mmm... my impression is that this is less straightforward than it seems...

Right you were.

rh

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto