Lars Gullik Bjønnes schrieb:
Michael Gerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Bo Peng schrieb:
| > On 5/29/07, Michael Gerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| >> Hi,
| >>
| >> we use the term "Listing" inconsistently at the moment. Sometimes we use
| >> the singular form, sometimes we use plural.
| >>
| >> I suggest using "Listing" (without plural "s"), even though the package
| >> is called "Listings". Otherwise, we may confuse the users and
| >> translators.
| >
| > I used listings because it is the package name. Internally,
| > listings_params means parameters of the listings package. For user
| > interface, it is weird to name a single inset 'listings' so 'listing'
| > is used.
| | Well, there are many cases where we use the plural form.

Not that I disagree with the chagnes... but just becuase "Listings"
end with an 's' does not make it plural.

In school, I learned that "s" *typically* indicates plural form. Let's say that "listing" (without "s") is less confusing for people not familiar with the subtle rules of Englisch grammar :-)

Michael