Neal Becker wrote:
I think inserting begin frame should automatically add the matching end frame.

It already does -- it ends the *previous* frame. If you mean that it should add an EndFrame environment to end itself, I can see a problem and an annoyance. The annoyance would be that the LyX file would be littered with EndFrame environments. The problem is that if later delete the BeginFrame (or change it to something else, such as a section header), you are responsible for finding and deleting the corresponding EndFrame environment, or else the file won't compile.

I assume it's the terminal EndFrame that concerns you, since that's the only one you ever need to enter manually. One solution (that might have benefits elsewhere) would be if LyX added a "postamble" feature to layouts, which would contain LaTeX code to be inserted just before \end{document} in the LaTeX output. AFAIK this is not a current feature, but I'm not positive about that. The Beamer layout could contain frame-ending code there -- I'm can't think of any exceptions where a Beamer doc wouldn't end with a frame ender, but possibly someone else can.

/Paul