On 20.06.2007, at 23:30, Bernhard Roider wrote:
Bo Peng schrieb:
On 6/20/07, Neal Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1.50rc1

When I edit math, previews don't update until I fiddle around a bit.

1. Edit math
2. Click outside math - no update
3. Click inside math again
4. Click outside math again.  Maybe update this time.
This is because it takes time for latex to compile your math, I guess
there is nothing we can do here, unless you are willing to let lyx
freeze until the preview is generated.

No, there is really a problem. It often happens that the previewed image does not reflect the current version of the formula. then you have to click inside ans outside and sometimes that helps to generate a new prview image. What allways helps: leave the formula with the cursor. And what i think i can say (but i could not verify exactly) is that if you click inside a nested element in the formula (like the numerator of a fraction) and then outide it does _not_ generate a new image.

Same problem here:

When editing a nested element in an math inset and clicking outside the complete formula the preview never (not slowly, never) gets updated. But this is so far the only case where I can really reproduce it.

(LyX rev. 18837, Qt 4.3.0 source, Mac OS X)

Andi