Andre Poenitz wrote:

> > I had the same problem under Solaris 2.6. The problem is only
> > bash looks in the current directory, sh and ksh don't. The lines in
> > configure.in
> > should be changed to
> > . ./configure
> > (worked for me)
>
> Well, I believe it worked for you, but I do not believe that
> there is any sh/ksh/whatever that does not interpret ./configure
> as "run the script/binary named 'configure' in the current directory"
>
> The only difference between  "./configure"  and ". ./configure"
> is that the latter works even if ./configure has no executable permissions
> set. So maybe it's a permissicon problem, it certainly has nothing to do
> with having . in $PATH or your choice of shells.

I think, you're right with the example above.

But you're wrong with the problem originally given by Michael Frankowski.
There was the line

. ac_threads.sh

which caused the grief. It should be ". ./ac_threads.sh".

Greets,

Stephan

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  | beusen unternehmensgruppe senkel
fon: +49 30 549932-62     | Landsberger Allee 392
fax: +49 30 549932-29     | 12681 Berlin, Germany