On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Bo Peng wrote:
> PS: The plan is to release RC2 in a couple of days as soon as the > remaining
>  patches are committed, and this should happen before Tuesday night.

 What is the status now?

Let's just release 1.5.0.

How many serious bugs are left? Glancing at the wiki page, I see the following:
* 4 critical issues
* 32 regression issues
* 14 major issues
* 32 other issues

Any comments on these?

/Christian

Critical issues:

3537    cri     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        lyx-1.5.0beta2 dumps core on freebsd-6.2 when it tries to...

3561    cri     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        crash when changing document encoding

3898    cri     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       UNCO
        LyX crashes with UTF-8 input

3916    cri     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        crash by using backslashes in print dialog paths

Regression issues

2945    nor     P2      All     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        breaking environment and wrong conversion of vertical spa...

2529    nor     P2      Sun     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Spellcheck does not allow anymore to edit file on the fly

2775    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Reimplement error-next

3417    min     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        documents with diaeresis (0x00a8) cannot be exported to L...

3521    nor     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Preamble of Layout ignored if it contains german umlaut

3553    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Wrong figure files included in the final pdf manuscript w...

3853    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Selection is overwritten by inset background

3876    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        highlighting text not correctly possible

3877    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Highlighting text slows down LyX extremely

3886    nor     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Cut/paste bug with environment depths in 1.5svn

2279    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Math background user color does not work

3069    nor     P2      Mac     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Dismissing dialogs sometimes leaves menu selected

3203    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        not possible to import non-utf8 text files

3317    min     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        X-Icons for LyX-windows

3370    nor     P2      Mac     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Keyboard navigation of dialogs on Mac

3563    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        wrong selection in cross-reference dialog after scrolling

3675    nor     P2      All     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Insert graphics multiple insertions

3819    nor     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        LyX fails to export with an XFig insert

3889    nor     P2      All     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        RTL text incorrectly Justified

3907    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        File -> Open dialog needs many seconds before it opens

2315    min     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        text -> math conversion does not work anymore

2541    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        cursor couldn't be set everywhere to a formula

2552    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        creation of eqnarray environment doesn't recognize existi...

2556    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        not possible to delete a label of a formula

3582    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Text Inset Display Bug

3750    maj     P2      All     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        tex2lyx does not recognize \caption anymore

3155    nor     P2      All     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        No visual table size selection on the "Insert Table" dialog

3165    nor     P2      Mac     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Menu bar disappears on Mac when dialogs appear

3291    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        dead keys do not work with LANG=C

2218    nor     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       REOP
        Spellchecker doesn't pop up dialogue window for the first...

1814    nor     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       REOP
        scrollbar borkage with document containing long insets

2594    min     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       REOP
        commands in mathed should appear upright

Major issues

3909    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       UNCO
        LyX does not print files from the Help menu

3920    maj     P3      Mac     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       UNCO
        Slowly at text input time

3404    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        lyx2lyx adds too many \end_layout tokens

2753    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        LyX doesn't support paths and filenames with parentheses

3877    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Highlighting text slows down LyX extremely

1749    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        figures are scaled before rotation, resulting in broken l...

2928    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Arabic not usable when latin text is also used

3203    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        not possible to import non-utf8 text files

3382    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        words with emphasis loose space when size of font is chan...

3655    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        No hotkeys with rusian locale

3907    maj     P2      PC      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        File -> Open dialog needs many seconds before it opens

3915    maj     P2      Oth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NEW
        Printing to file fails for target paths with spaces