On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 13:18 +0200, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Darren Freeman wrote:
>
> > There is an Add button which brings up a dialogue with a list of things
> > that mean nothing to me, which itself contains a Browse and Add button.
> >
> > Why are there two layers? Is it supposed to be caching the most recent
> > databases accessed?
>

> These are the bibtex style files and databases that are located in the texmf
> tree, thus found by LaTeX. You can add them without a path.
> (this is the preferable way).

How can that be the preferable way? Are you saying that I should move my
database over to the texmf tree? I was planning to have it live next to
the LyX file it was created for.

> If you are using a database/style file in another directory, you have to
> insert it with the file dialog, which uses absolute or relative paths.

Which is what I was after.

> Clearer?

Yes the reasoning behind this behaviour is clearer. But I don't think
the UI itself is clear.

I think there should be two Add buttons, one for those in the path and
one to browse the fs. Or maybe the Add dialogue should be tabbed with
one tab for each method. Actually the tabbing sounds better now that I
think about it.

Have fun,
Darren