Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Abdelrazak> Note that Richard asked for comment at the time.
Sure, but he did not point to this particular "feature" :)
I'm pretty sure he did: http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg120884.html. Indeed, how to define the optional argument was one of the major issues. (The other option was a new LFUN.) And while I'm prepared to believe that this is "not how we define arguments", "|" is used as a delimiter for an optional argument in the code just preceding this:

case LFUN_CITATION_INSERT: {
        BOOST_ASSERT(lyx_view_);
        if (!argument.empty()) {
                // we can have one optional argument, delimited by '|'
                // citation-insert <key>|<text_before>
                // this should be enhanced to also support text_after
                // and citation style
                string arg = argument;
                string opt1;
                if (contains(argument, "|")) {
                        arg = token(argument, '|', 0);
                        opt1 = token(argument, '|', 1);
                }
                InsetCommandParams icp("cite");
                icp["key"] = from_utf8(arg);
                if (!opt1.empty())
                        icp["before"] = from_utf8(opt1);
                string icstr = InsetCommandMailer::params2string("citation",
icp);
                FuncRequest fr(LFUN_INSET_INSERT, icstr);
                dispatch(fr);
        } else
                dispatch(FuncRequest(LFUN_DIALOG_SHOW_NEW_INSET, "citation"));
        break;
}

That's where I got the idea.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto