Hi,
yesterday I test Abdel's patch "layout_name_is_unicode.patch" with the latest svn. I send a message to lyx-devel, but as I don't see it on mail-archive.com <http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/> I send an other one and add some bugs I found.

Abdel's patch works perfectly with all my layouts and all my old lyx files (with the exceptions below):
the only thing I did was to convert my layouts in UTF-8.
Thus, for me, this patch is a perfect solution for the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5!

During my tests I found the three bugs below, I did not found in bugzilla:

* About layouts: the tag "DependsOn" does not works when it calls a Style whose name contains special characters. I cannot test everything, but I suspect that it does not works when the name of
 called Style contains an underscore ( _ )

*About lyx2lyx: it fails to convert an old lyx file containing the command "\language frenchb"

* In a new document write: a word
Then change the size of the two words to small; then change the color of "a" (to red for example). Then lyx traduce it as : \textcolor{red}{\small a}{\small word} and the space between "a" and
 "word" disappear.

PhC