> Pavel Sanda wrote:
> >>Which sytem is that? If it is KDE or GNOME based, maybe there's some
> >>global Clipboard or X11 Selection issue... could you please try to
> >>launch a bare X11 session with a minimalist window manager (i.e. without
> >>KDE nor Gnome) and report back?
> >
> >i use only enlightenment 0.16. is it minimalistic enough ?
>
> I don't know... enlightenment is a kind of desktop too, isn't it? Maybe
> there's some bad interactions with the clipboard... I've been using
> Windows for the last 6 years so I am probably talking nonsense here.

ok, i run X without any WM or desktop and came to this -
it _seems_ (its difficult to test extensively as you cant switch between
windows without WM :) that motion itself is much better, but what remains
is extremely slow motion when selecting text with shift+arrows - previously
i considered that this slowness is just consequence of the motion itself
but now it seems to be issue itself.

pavel