Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Richard Heck wrote:
I've done this: patch attached. That said, just removing the option from
the dialog won't do anything one way or another about old files in which
it exists. Those files will still be loaded with that option, and it
won't be handled properly.

Maybe that's OK for now, but I'd have thought we should eliminate it
altogether, if we're removing it from the dialog. If so, this is a
format change, and appropriate lyx2lyx will presumably be needed (maybe
just to convert htmlurl insets into url insets). I haven't gone into
lyx2lyx, so someone else would need to do that. To eliminate this, we'd
need changes everywhere htmlurl is mentioned:
factory.cpp:430:                           || cmdName == "htmlurl") {
insets/Inset.cpp:64:            InsetName("htmlurl", Inset::HTMLURL_CODE),
insets/InsetCommandParams.cpp:166:      if (name == "htmlurl" || name ==
"url") {
Text3.cpp:1166:         InsetCommandParams p("htmlurl");
But those changes are pretty obvious. It's the lyx2lyx stuff that I
don't understand.

Richard
The lyx2lyx change would probably be very trivial, something like (untested):

def convert_htmlurl(document):
    " \begin_inset LatexCommand htmlurl -> \begin_inset LatexCommand url"
    for i in range(len(document.body)):
        document.body[i] = document.body[i].replace("\\begin_inset LatexCommand
htmlurl",
                                                    "\\begin_inset LatexCommand
url")

reversion would not be needed.

However, I'm not sure we should do all these changes now.
It may not be critical to do this now. But....
What happens with old LinuxDoc documents BTW?
Presumably, if you load one of these, it'll load fine, but if you opened one of the URL insets and did something to it, it'd be changed from htmlurl to url behind your back. Again, maybe not a huge problem, since that's what the lyx2lyx change would have done, anyway. But for what it's worth, my sense is that---modulo the lyx2lyx stuff, which I don't understand---the changes here are simple and safe, but not critical at this time. But this stuff should be removed before it is forgotten.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto