Sorry, my fault, I included another lyx-document with language set to
"ngerman", obviusly this caused lyx some trouble. I set the language of
the included file to english and everything worked fine.

Sorry for the superfluous post.

Kai
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

is this a bug? Haven't found anything on bugzilla.

I have installed a German LyX 1.5.1 on gentoo Linux. In article (RevTeX)
class I want to write an English article (I set Language to English in
Document -> Preferences) but the \abstractname shows as
"Zusammenfassung" (German term) rather than "Abstract" in the final pdf
or dvi output. I tried

        \def\abstractname{Abstract},

        \renewcommand\abstractname{Abstract}

and even

        \AtBeginDocument{%
        \addto\captions<your language>{%
        \renewcommand{\abstractname}{In nuce}%
        }}

in the preamble, but nothing helped.

What is even more puzzling is, that the Acknowledgements term is spelled
correctly (in English).

Including my Emailaddress in the answer (since I'm not member of the
list) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kai

--- End Message ---