José Matos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Friday 21 September 2007 08:12:49 Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
>> P.S.: José, I'm unsure about the file format policy in this specific case.
>> Would it require a file format change? If not, I'd like to commit this to
>> branch as well.
>
> This means that if you a previous version of 1.5 (1.5.1) for all purposes you
> will not be able to work with that file if you use the new style as it will
> be converted to the default layout style.

Note that a 1.5.1 user can just get the updated layout file and it
will 100% work. I think it is an error to bind layout files to LyX
version.

A nice solution would be to have a version number in the layout file
itself and make lyx2lyx able to translate documents based on that. But
this is is probably too difficult to do in practice.