On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 06:06:23AM +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 06:49:34PM +0200, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> > Martin Vermeer wrote:
> > > Actually have a look at the attached. I somewhat changed my mind since
> > > the previous reply: what is inside an index inset is real LaTeX, so
> > > logically it should be a real LyXText. (Yes, there are some limitations
> > > such as no linebreaks allowed; but you get the idea.)
> >
> > Yes, this was the idea.
> >
> > > The attached does everything the old index inset does wrt. indexing the
> > > selection and the previous/surrounding word. And it collapses to a
> > > really small button, and can be opened by "Open all insets". Which the
> > > old one did not...
> >
> > I like it.
> >
> > Jürgen
>
> This requires a lyx2lyx entry, if we change over to this.
>
> The next step would be to provide a \see inset that is only
> valid inside an index entry. It would be good to have a general
> mechanism for this.
>
> (Does this solution lose any functionality wrt. the old one?
> What other objections are there?)

Actually I see several problems.

1) DocBook. Both the index inset and nomencl contain special code for
DocBook.

2) Preamble/validate stuff. At least makeidx checks for being provided
by the class.

I suppose 2) could be addressed by adding a "Require" item to the
flexinset layout parameters. 1) is trickier.

Any ideas?

- Martin