On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:13:59AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> > More seriously, this whole discussion comes a bit late IMHO. I know
> > that you emitted some objections when Martin started the
> > implementation but they were not too strong. We have something _now_
> > and I'd be a pity to revert it because you and others don't like it.
>
> No. I always said I had reservation about the interface, and was
> promised it was super easy to make it seamless.

I'm sure that the insets people will never solve inset-spanning
selection, cursor movement, or line-breaking flow. And they're just
three of the bigger things that came up here. Already we are seeing
justifications as to why they don't need to be fixed. It's somewhat hard
to believe that this isn't due to the implementation rather than some UI
design (at least Andre's desire to press 'right' five times to actually
move the cursor *is* a UI design choice!).

john