Edwin Leuven ha scritto:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
For advance search&replace. The idea would be that you can search for a chunk of text containing insets (including math or charstyle) and could replace it with another text containing insets.

Clearer?

so the idea is to replace qt's line edits with proper (single par) lyxtext widgets?
I've uploaded a couple of screenshots that show what the idea (actually, the current
uncomplete implementation) looks like here:

 http://feanor.sssup.it/~tommaso/findadv.png
 http://feanor.sssup.it/~tommaso/findadv-re.png

In the first case, I'm finding a simple math expression. In the second one, I'm finding
any fraction with a given denominator, through the use of a regexp inset.

In the first place, I was thinking it had to be a single-par widget, but probably it
is an unneeded restriction.

Anyway, having a simple-to-use LyX Widget would help a lot reuse. By simple-to-use, I mean something I could simply put inside an application without the burden of dealing with connections etc...., for example where keyboard shortcuts would work
even if I don't have the full-featured surrounding toolbars around.

One application I would love to realize as soon as I have some time would be a
"LyX-enabled" chat (shared board),
allowing for interactive work with text and nice-looking maths, which I would find very useful. Actually, I don't know if the LyX client/server stuff may be used so to
realize something like this.

Bye,

   T.