> During a fast-evolving period like this, with no public release in
> between, reversion of lyx2lyx is IMHO acceptable.

But this introduces crashed: I can for example not open Stefan's macro example file, see my just sent post on the list.

Besides this we have the general problem that LyX can crash when a file is not in the right format. This definitively should not happen; no matter what format the file is, LyX should display an error message that the file is broken or whatever, but not crash. This could be done when LyX is using a try .. finally routine in the file open code. I'm not experienced how this is done in C++, but something should be done in this field.

regards uwe