Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
rgheck wrote:

I agree that this would be nice, but at present there is no mechanism
for checking whether the packages a given module needs are actually
installed. I would suppose that this could be done by adapting
chkconfig.ltx, but I'm useless when it comes to that kind of LaTeX
programming.

There is features.isAvailable, which checks the availability of the packages
known by LaTeXFeatures (i.e. those checked by chkconfig).

OK, good. Is there a simple mechanism for getting new things checked by chkconfig? Or is that the hard part? I'd guess we should at least check for the packages needed by our own modules.

Richard