Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> %%% For document classes, things are even simpler, since you do not
> %%% need to edit this file. Just put your layout file in some place
> %%% where LyX can find it and add if you wish a description in
> %%% LaTeXConfig.lyx.in, as described above.

From where is this comment? LaTeXConfig.lyx.in has been renamed to LaTeXConfig.lyx but the rest is still valid.

This is in chkconfig.ltx. This much may be correct, but other stuff there is surely wrong, e.g.:

%%% If you want to add the new package <name>, all you need most of
%%% the times is a two-steps work:
%%% 1- Add the command \TestPackage{<name>}. The syntax is:
%%%    (or <file>, if this optional parameter is provided) exists.
%%% 2- Add a description for <name> in doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx.in,
%%%    containing in particular a line like
%%%         Found   @chk_<name>@
%%%    This line will be replaced at configure time by the proper text.
%%%

So I'm hoping someone will look at this whole bit and correct the comments.

rh