Bo Peng wrote:
I used sourceforge perhaps two years ago, and it was horrible in terms of
performance at the time. Maybe they're better now, I don't know.

I have used sourceforge for three years and I do not see any reason
why lyx can not make use of it.

The performance of SF web hosting is currently much better than two years ago and it's definitely more reliable than the current server. Downloads are always very fast and a regional mirror is selected automatically.

And because they maintain the web/SVN/downloads servers, it saves a lot of time which can be spent to improve LyX. You also get nice extra services such as web access to SVN (similar to trac) which are maintained and updated by the SF people.

Joost