> > Is there some part of the introduction or tutorial that explains that
> these documents are also
> > available as PDFs, and where they can be found?
>
> I added now a link in a note to where to find the PDFs.
> (to http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/DocumentationDevelopment)

i found the wiki structure confusing.
intuitively i will look for these manuals either in
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Manuals
or here
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXHelpDocuments

the joke is that one find complete 1.4 documentation here.
i would propose to somehow unite all these to some consistent state,
- i mean unity of place - only one page to be found these pdfs and unity
of version - not the mix of 1.4.5.1, 1.5.1 and 1.5.4 manuals.

in such a case i will put link from official www pages to such
kind of wiki download page.

pavel