Pavel Sanda wrote:
The one remaining issue has to do with sorting, but I think there may be some issues with that code, anyway, since it seems to assume that the default layout will always appear first, and I'm not sure why that would have to be true.

i remember that i assumed this first position by checking the sorting of
different layouts, but you are right there is no guarantee that all layout in
the future must be done this way. its just i was not able to find counter
example in the current layouts (and also dont know what modules can bring in
this area). quick check revealed sorting works with your patch in case of LyXDefault.
if some problems with this appear i will sort them out (in most extreme by
stop this 'first default' property which i found to be useful.)

OK. We have time to sort this out. (Bad pun.)
Comments of course welcome. Better yet, fixes.

there are still missing some toolbar updates. eg open the footnote inset and
the LyXDefault appears AFTER you start typing not just after inserting the
inset and puting cursor there.  also try close document - envi toolbox remain
active and full of entries instead of disabling it. i guess switching between
tabs wouldnt update envi of the current environment too.

Yes, I noticed that, though it's obviously a different bug. You just notice it here. It's worst with ERT, where the dropbox ought to be disabled anyway.

Abdel?

Richard