On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Dominik Böhm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Why is that so, what didn't I understand w.r.t. the image handling of
>  LyX? What can I do about the bad image quality?

Well, I guess I actually have understand how the things are working in LyX...

The problem was that I installed LyX 1.5.4 for testing purposes and
moved my LyX 1.6.0 installation from c:\program files\LyX15 to
c:\program files\LyX16. I edited the inkscape.cmd file in
LyX16\Resources\scripts. What I didn't think of was to change the path
prefix in the LyX 1.6 settings... So, LyX executed the old file in the
LyX15 directory that didn't know how to export from svg to pdf...

Now everything works perfectly as expected.

Maybe one could change the wiki pages
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tools/SVGFilesAndInkscape and
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/UseInkscapeSVGImages

so that the users configure LyX to export from svg-files directly to
pdf. That will increase the image quality as soon you're using pixel
graphics inside an svg.

Dominik