On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Rex C. Eastbourne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Glad you like it Rich! Christian, Joost, Jean-Marc, Pavel, and others
were all instrumental in putting this all together.

I do not think I deserve any credit here...

BTW, is it possible to hide "index.php/Main" from the URLs? It is pretty ugly.

I agree it's ugly and I've been thinking about it and I've even already asked for your help in solving it:-). Ideallly however, the solution should to take into account any future interaction with wiki.lyx.org.

Today we have the following:

* The wiki corresponding to wiki.lyx.org, and in it...
** Several groups primarily for users, e.g. LyX/, Examples/ etc
** Some groups primarily for develoeprs, e.g. Devel/ etc

* The wiki corresponding to www.lyx.org/test, and in it...
** One group, Main/, containing the old web pages

You, Jean-Marc, can make the web server rewrite URIs as follows:

        www.lyx.org/XXX --> www.lyx.org/index.php/Main/XXX

Users would then never need to see 'index.php/Main' - I've emailed you about this, it's related to changing some config in /etc/httpd/virtual.d/ - see that post.

However, maybe we don't want to have to wikis in the future? Instead, we might think it's more convenient to let the the "official" web pages simply be one of the other groups in the wiki. This would make it easy to link between pages, and also easy to search all of it at once. Please note that we could still map as follows:

* www.lyx.org/<Page>      -> ../Main/<Page>
* wiki.lyx.org/LyX/<Page> -> The group LyX/
* wiki.lyx.org/Devel/<Page>       -> .../Devel/<Page>

Finally, I'd like some suggestions in what to call the group that contains the official web pages... Here are some ideas:

* Main/ - what we have today
* WWW/
* Official/

'WWW' migth be ok, but I'm not super thrilled...

Now you're probably wondering why the name of gthe group matter... Well, one reason is that accessing the web pages through a 'wiki'-like interface, the name of the group should be descriptive. In addition, if a regular wiki page links to a 'web' page, the name of group will have to be used.

Ideas for the name?

/C