Abdelrazak Younes schrieb:
Herbert Voss wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes schrieb:
Uwe, Edwin, others,

Current solution is not very user friendly. I see two solutions for this:

1) Integrate the caption, optional and label texts in InsetTabular. Those three text can then be modified in the Tabular dialog.

2) Create an optional row (with one column) at the top of a table.
2-a) This row would be clearly identified on screen as "reserved for caption". As a matter of fact, only InsetCaption should be allowed in there. 2-b) This row would be visible only if a "with caption" check box is set in the long table dialog, the TnsetCaption would be automatically present here.

IMHO 2-a) is best because we can then reuse InsetCaption, InsetLabel and InsetOpt. If the top row is empty then, no caption.

captions of tables are sometimes over and sometimes under the table!
We are talking about long tables here only. Floating table captions are handled as usual.

?? sure, I read the mail before I answered ... ;-)

It is nothing else than a \multicolumn
I think that at LyX level, we should enforce the caption to be on top. Then we can add an option for putting it at the top or at the bottom of the table.

A longtable caption is far different to a caption of a floating
object. You can place it inside the longtable where you like it,
on top, on bottom and, of course, inside the table! Makes no
real sense, but is possible. LyX allows multicolumns, and the only
thing you need is a flag, that the multicolumn is a caption. Lyx
then forces the complete line with all columns as a multicolumn.

Herbert