> Dimitris Galanakis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) entered the
> following feedback message on the LyX home page:
>
> Hello,
> I am trying to use lyx for writting greek. I noticed that I can use
> reasonably well the babel package (through lyx) and write greek with
> latin characters. Unfortunately Lyx does not seem to support the greek
> encoding ( Layout->Document->Encoding). I am wondering if it is possible
> to also add the iso-8859-7 encoding in lyx options. Is this something
> I can also do? or should I wait for an updated version.
> Thanx for your time

The CVS version automatically selects the encoding according to the language
of the document (it also allow multi-lingual documents with paragraph with
different encodings).
However, I don't know what is the latex name for Greek encoding (i.e. the
name you give pass to the fontenc package), so please provide it to me.

In the meantime, you can just select default encoding, and add
"\usepackage[greek-encoding-name]{fontenc}" to the preamble.