Here's the new version of the home page picture, with a "download" button added in. As per Andre's comment, I had the pixelation fixed.

http://www.lyx.org/HomeNewGraphic

What I like about this picture is that it conveys the uniqueness and personality of LyX by showing some of the beautiful output it can produce. On the other hand, the current image has some nicer visual effects (e.g. the "download" button is nicer than the new image's). I'm OK with either one. Here is the new image in unflattened PNG and PSD formats:

http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/LyX/Screencasts/homepage%20graphic.png
http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/LyX/Screencasts/homepage%20graphic.psd

I'll leave it to you guys to make the call on this.

Rex