> I've some documents in: http://www.savebylinux.com/latex/ There are 2 file
> and 2 directory contain HTML result from each file.  I use lattest
> latex2html and lyx program. I hope you can explore what's wrong with it.

Thanks.
The fix is very easy:

In the document preamble, just insert the two lines below
beginning with % :

%begin{latexonly}
\IfFileExists{url.sty}{\usepackage{url}}
                      {\newcommand{\url}{\texttt}}
%end{latexonly}

These "comments" are invisible to LaTeX, but act as environment delimiters
for LaTeX2HTML. The material in-between is filtered out at a very early stage
of processing, hence there can be no incompatibility caused by the
  \newcommand{\url}{\texttt}

BTW, (for the Lyx gurus)
would it not be better, partly as a matter of style and efficiency,
to use low-level TeX coding with this conditional code ?

  \IfFileExists{url.sty}{\usepackage{url}}{\let\url\texttt}

The reason that LaTeX2HTML has difficulty with a definition such as:
 \newcommand{\url}{\texttt}
is that it does not say that (at the user-level) \url should act as if
it takes an argument.  When the processor expands macros as in TeX,
then this doesn't matter; but with an alternative expansion model,
it is possible for the \url to get irretrievably separated from its intended
argument. Thus
   \newcommand{\url}[1]{\texttt{#1}}
would be a more sympathetic definition for non-TeX,
but the \let version is the most elegent, IMHO.

I hope this provides a complete solution to the compatibility problem.

> Thanks in advances.

You're welcome,

        Ross Moore